The Morden Collegiate Health Clinic is a cooperative partnership of the Western School Division, Southern Health-Santé Sud and Agassiz Medical Centre. It operates as a satellite clinic, an extension of the Agassiz Medical Centre and is staffed with a nurse practitioner (NP).
The NP serves over 525 students from the Morden Collegiate, working collaboratively with public health nurses, school counsellors, mental health workers and other allied health professionals. This partnership reduces barriers to care. By providing accessible care in school, health-related class absences are minimized.
Services available to the students are similar to a medical clinic. The health clinic facilitates a range of basic health care services, which include:
- physicals and checkups
- treatment of minor/acute injuries and illnesses
- bloodwork and specimen collection
- diagnostic testing
- prescriptions and immunizations
- counselling for mental health
- reproductive health
- health education and disease prevention
- referrals to other health professionals or specialists