Do you know what it means to be a "Community Owned Clinic"?
There are two separate operations at the clinic:
Agassiz Physicians Medical Corporation is the group of physicians' business operation
Agassiz Medical Centre Community Board is a volunteer board of directors consisting of:
- Myrna Mayor – Community Rep.
- Doug Frost – City of Morden Rep.
- Dick Fehr – RM of Stanley Rep.
- Wes Schroeder – MCDC Rep.
- Robert Wahl – Member at Large
- Dr. Kevin Convery – Physician Rep.
- Karen Chezick - Agassiz Medical Centre Rep.
The Role of the Agassiz Physicians Medical Corportation
The Agassiz Physicians Medical Corporation pays for all "consumable" items within their business. They pay for all staffing costs, rent, medical supplies, office supplies, Electronic Medical Record monthly subscription costs, software subscription costs, and recruitment of new physicians.
The Role of the Agassiz Medical Centre Community Board
The community board is responsible to provide all of the equipment (medical and computer) and furnishings within the entire clinic. Because the community board purchases the equipment and furnishings, the community owns it. The community board receives monthly payments from The City of Morden, The RM of Stanley and the Agassiz Physicians Medical Corporation. The community board is a registered charity and receives donations. All purchases for equipment must be approved by the community board.
There are two main benefits of a community owned clinic.
1. It is a huge advantage when recruiting physicians as there is virtually no cost for them to "set up" their practice. They can finish medical school and start practicing the next day. When potential physicians are looking for places to practice, this is a huge advantage for our community.
2. If a physician decides to leave our community, they take no equipment or furnishings from the clinic. Other than the loss of the physician (which is very unfortunate), there is no loss to the community.
Agassiz Medical Centre Community Board needs your support! The mandate of the Agassiz Medical Centre Community Board is to purchase equipment & furnishings for Agassiz Medical Centre. ALL funds collected are used towards purchasing these items.
We are a Registered Charity
Yes. Agassiz Medical Centre Community Board is a Registered Charity and you will receive an official charitable tax receipt for your donation of any amount. Donations are used to fund items such as:
- Medical equipment
- Facility space
- Other needs as they arise
If you require a tax receipt please include your information with your donation. To Thank you for your donation your name will be added to the 'Friends of the Clinic' Book.
What types of donations can I make?
All donations, large or small are welcome. You can make a general donation You can make a donation in memory of a deceased relative or friend You can gift it in your will
How to donate
Each donation plays an important role in providing our community clinic the resources needed to advance the health of our community.
Your donation will be recognized in the Agassiz Medical Centre Community Donor Board area displayed in the clinic unless you specify otherwise.
How you can donate: In person at Agassiz Medical Centre (cash or cheque)
By Mail (cheque):
Agassiz Medical Centre Community Board
Attention: Lawanda Friesen
130-30 Stephen Street
Morden, MB R6M 2G3
Click here to open our donation form.
Online Instant Donation Through our PAYPAL Charity Portal.